Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Secret Santa

When I worked at Taco Bell, we always did the Secret Santa Gift Exchange for Christmas.

We all put out names into this hat and after all the names are in, we draw a name out of the hat and get them a gift. $5 minimum.

One year I pulled out some ignorant scum-lickers name.

Now, I hated this guy. So I decided not to waste my time going out somewhere to get this kid a gift.

So I get him a $5 Gift Certificate....from Taco Bell.

I went into our walk-in fridge and emptied out a box of tomatoes.

Now, a box of tomatoes is about 6 inches high and 15 inches long.

I put the gift certificate into the box and wrapped it up.


The day came for us to open our presents.

The kids found his present and looked like he won the lottery.

He picked it up, looked around at all of us and says this:

"Thank you guys. My father died last year and my mother works two jobs. This is my first job. Mom couldn't get me or my brothers and sister anything this year because of bills. But this gift makes me glad that I'm working at such a great place."

He opened it up.

Now, the evolution of his face, from bright-eyed anticipation to sheer utter horror, was classic.

No comments: