Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Santa Clausizzle

A coworker of mine, whom for purposes of the story I must reveal is black, was talking about dressing up as Santa Clause for his children on Christmas this year.

Not being a part of the conversation, I naturally chimed in.

I said that would not be a good idea.

He asked me why.

I told him that his children have been conditioned to believe that Santa Clause is a jolly old white elf.

He retorted with that he would tell his children that Santa Clause changes colors and ethnicity from household to household.

I scoffed at the very idea, I told him, if it were up to me, I would tell his children there was no Santa or god for that matter. And his idea of a multi-cultural Santa Clause was absurd and he was a fool for even coming up with such an idea.

He got defensive and asked what my deal was.

I asked him, "what about interracial families?"

He said it didn't matter, it was just his kids he was going to tell.

I told him fine, go ahead and show your love to your brats by spewing nonsense lies to them.

He of course stated that I was making too much of a deal out of it.

I then told him that it was imperative to have his kids believe that Santa Clause was a white man that gave out free hand outs to black people because that would prepare them for the real world.







I ducked just in time.

No comments: