Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Doing Something Nice For a Change

I took a look at my life, some of the things I've done and decided that maybe I needed to get some professional help.

So I went to see a shrink and told him that I might have a severe anti-social disorder.

We talksed about it and he thought that I might get joy out of offending people.

He suggested that I do something really nice for a complete stranger. He thought that I might find that get even more joy out of making people happy.

I decided to take him up on that, after all..he is the expert.

I had a hard time getting started so I ask him for some suggestions,

He told me that I should find somebody I could relate with on an emotional level. He told me I should find somebody who didn't know their biological parents....I do not know mine.

I thought that was a good idea so I went to city funded foster home or whatever the hell it is.


The place was strangly comfprting to me as I had lived there for the first three months of my life.

I told the lady in charge that day my reasons for being there.


She brought me to Sarah.


Sarah was this 10 year old, cute as a button, orphan.

Her parents died in a car crash when she was 10 months old and she had no immediate family to go to.


She was reading a Harry Potter novel, and being a fan of the books myself, that was the thing to break the ice.


I bonded with her well...she was like the little sister I never had. We talked about Harry Potter, Star Wars, and music.


I told my shrink about befriending a total stranger.

I told him I liked the feeling of being nice to this girl but it just didn't seem enough.

He suggested I do something extraordianry for her.


The next day, I asked her what would make her the happiest girl in the world.


She said she wanted a picture of her parents.


I thought it was strange that she didn't have any picture, so I asked the lady in charge at the FH about it.


She said Sarah's parents were the odd type and didn't have any photo albums...not even any of Sarah after her birth.



I vowed to Sarah I would find a photo of them.



It took a few days of searching...but I finally found one.


I brought it to Sarah, telling her I found a photo of them and I handed it to her...she looked at it and the tears filled her eyes.


She didn't say thanks...she didn't have to. The look on her face was thanks enough.



It felt real good doing this and I no longer need to see a shrink.



Oh, if you're curious..the picture of her parents is here.

3 comments:

Jimbob said...

This is art in it's highest sense. Beats Goatse!

Jimbob said...

This is art in it's highest sense. Beats Goatse!

Jimbob said...

This is art in it's highest sense. Beats Goatse!