Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Never Give Rides To Co-Workers 1

I recall one night I had to close at Taco Bell.

One of the other closing employees needed a ride home.

I, being the generous guy that I am, offered to give him a lift.

After he got into my car, he put on his seatbelt.

I had never been more insulted in my entire life.

I asked him, "What? You don't trust my driving?"

He says, "It's not you man, it's the law."

I say, "This is not about the law. This is about respect."

He tried to act as though he had no idea what I was talking about.

I asked him, "Do you that just because there is a little snow on the ground, I'm going to wreck car and kill us in a giant fireball?"

He tells me, "Nah, man. It's nothing like that. I always put my seatbelt on when I get into someone's car."

I gave him an ultimatum: Either take off the seat belt or walk home.

He tells me he'd rather walk than ride in a car with a dictator and he gets out.


I took off and dropped my deposite off at the bank and headed home.

He had walked a good two blocks when I drove by him.

Well actually I slammed on the horn and swerved toward him, causing him to jump into a big pile of snow.

No comments: