Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Death at Work

Some people have the problem of never thinking before they speak. Now, those who know me, would say I have the same problem.

I disagree. You see, I have no problem with saying what's on my mind. And If someone should be hurt by my words, well then, that's life.

I'll give you an example, this happened at work the other day.


Last week, this girl I work with lost her mother in car accident.


Then, the other day at work, I saw my coworker Daniel, putting on his jacket and getting his stuff. Which was odd, because he had just got to work an hour before.


I yelled at him, "Where the fuck do you think you're going, Danny-boy?"


He gave me a dirty look.


For some mad reason, I decided to ask him, "Well then, who made who?"

He then started to cry and left.



I didn't know what was going on, so I asked the boss.

He said Daniel's father just died.



Knowing that information, my mind went over the encounter I had just had with Daniel. I gave out a hearty laugh.


I then said, "Damn, people's parents are dropping like flies around here".

My boss's mouth dropped open. And then I heard more crying.

I had completely forgot that the girl whose mother had died had come back to work that day.

Not one to be daunted by how other's feel about me, I decided there was no harm in giving the girl something really to cry about.

I said, "Well, we wouldn't be having this epidemic if some people's parents weren't steering the wheel while steering a bottle of Jim Bean to their mouths."

The girl took off towards the bathroom. Not even the walls could quiet the cries we heard.

By this time, the whole place is staring at me.

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Eh. My parents are still alive."

No comments: