Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Never Give Rides To Co-Workers 2

Here's another tale of trouble with the people I worked with. This took place a few years ago



6 to Close.

That was what I was scheduled to work that particular Wednesday.

So, having been up all night Tuesday and into Wednesday morning, I was planning on getting a good 5 hours sleep between 10 and 5.

I laid down on my air mattress and got myself comfortable.


Then my phone rang.

And like an idiot, I answered it.

"Hello", I said.

"Hey. This is Andrea. (my boss). Penny (her boss) said that you and the other two shift managers need to go down to Noblesville today at 1."

"Why?"

"Because there is going to be a meeting with the new company with all of the shift managers."


I groaned. One o'clock. Ok, I was thinking, I can get to Noblesville in an hour. I can get at least a couple hours of sleep.

Then she said,

"But I need you all up here for a manager meeting at 11 to go over the new computer system we got.


I love starting days out like this.


So I get up there. We have our little meeting. It takes me 5 seconds to get use to the new programs and what-not. Not the other imbeciles who claim the prestigious title of Manager.

But oh well. Meeting over at 11:45.

I had asked Andrea if I could leave our little meeting early since I knew everything, but she wanted me to stick around, just in case.

So, I get into my new Jeep Cherokee with the intention of grabbing some Rally's on my way down to Noblesville, when I am approached by the other two Shift Managers.

They ask me if I could drive them down there in my Jeep.

They'd pay me for the gas of course.

And, like an idiot, I accepted.

Ok, ready? Off we go.

12 Noon. We had left my town and we were on our way to Noblesville.

But, alas! One of the festering little butt spores had forgotten their cell phone back in their car.

She asked me to turn around so I could get it.

And, like an idiot, I do so.

12:20 Pm. We are now leaving my town and are well on our way to Noblesville.

No Rally's on the way there. Fine, I'll just pick some up on the way back.

Doing 80. Have to make up for lost time.

The two moronic half-human twits are engaged in a conversation about gawd knows what.

I turn up my music. MY stereo which is playing MY mp3 player in MY Jeep.

The ignorant scum-sucking toad sitting in the passenger side reaches his grubby little hand over and turns down my music.



Now, I'm a laid back kind of person. I can take the heat and I don't let myself be bothered by trivial things.

But there is one thing you do not to around me. And that is turn down MY music in MY vehicle.


I sped up to 90.


Going 90, I slammed on my brakes.

Knowing what was coming, I had braced myself. They did not.

The faggot in the passenger seat went flying forward, head cracking on the dashboard.
The backseat bitch went face first into the back of my head cushion.

To the left of me...a twerp with a serious headache.
Behind me....a bitch with a bloody nose.


I simple stared straight forward and said,

"Don't you ever touch my fucking radio again."

We got to the meeting with five minutes to spare.

No comments: