Tuesday, May 22, 2007

American Idol

One night, I watched the idol with my 9 year old daughter last night. Her mother and I have been separated for some time now, so I usually get my kid for the weekends.

Well, my ex had to go out of town for some business thing, so I got to have my daughter for the night last night.

Knowing my daughter, I know she liked American Idol. Although I hadn't spoken with her about the Idol since the new season started, I was very excited for the chance to get to watch an episode with her.


As we watched, Sanjaya started to sing. My daughter turns to me and says, "I hope he wins, he's my favorite."


Now, before you read this next part, you should be aware that I love my daughter to death and would stop the world for her if she asked me too.


But when she said she wanted Sanjaya to win, something in me snapped.

I don't know what it was, maybe it was the fact that I hate the Sanjaya and had wished that his hot sister made it through and not him, maybe it was the fact that I expected better judgment from my daughter, I don't know.

But when she said that, I got up and slapped her and sent her to her room.


This morning, I got her ready for school. Her mother was back in time to pick her up. Her mother asked her what was wrong, as my daughter is usually chirpy in the morning.

My daughter said nothing, and they went off to school.


An hour later, I got the call from my ex.


She asked, "Did you slap our daughter?'

I said, "yes, but she deserved it."

Then my ex, being the bitch that she is, went off on a rant.

To make a long rant short, she basically said that I would not be getting my daughter on the weekends and that she would be taking me to court for full custody.



Way to go Sanjaya, your terrible singing has ruined a family.

No comments: