Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Easter

As Easter approaches....I am reminded of a little incident one year involving my ex's daughter.

My ex had the misfortune of working on Easter, so I was left to do the Easter thing with the kid.


That meant I had to fill up a bunch of plastic eggs with candy and go out in the yard and hide them. And then watch as the little brat goes out and hunts for them.

A four year old hunting for eggs. What fun.

She was so excited to hunt for the eggs, but I wasn't going to do it.

So, instead, I put her in my truck and we went for a drive.

And, I'll tell you what, living in the country has it's advantages.

As we drove around, she was asking where we were going.

I told her we were going to go find the place were the Easter Bunny hides the eggs with his most delicious chocolate.

The anticipation of a chocolate heaven illuminated her face.

A few minutes later, I spotted what I was looking for.

A roadkill rabbit.


Being at a height disadvantage, she did not spot the rabbit. I pulled over to the side of the road and told her I found the spot.

I got her out of the truck and told her to close her eyes.

I led her over to the raodkill rabbit and said, "Oh no..not the Easter Bunny!"

She opened her eyes and screamed.





No sex from the ex that night was worth it.

No comments: