Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Friend Called Me One Day

I sitting at home, leaning back on the couch and watching some tv, when the phone rings.

I pick it up, it's my friend Bobby.

Bobby: Hey man. I just want you to know that I'm about to kill myself.

Me: Why?

Bobby: Because she left me man. Two days ago, my woman left me for some guy!

Me: Ah. How are you going to kill yourself?

Bobby: I've got my dad's gun. I'm going to blow my brains out.

Me: You should shoot yourself in the heart. It'd be more poetic.

Bobby: You are supposed to be talking me out of this!

Me: I didn't know this was the suicide hot-line.

Bobby: I need you to help me man! I think I'm really going to do this.

Me: Alright. Just do your best not to do anything until I come over.

Bobby: You are the best, man!

Me: Just let me find my video camera and I'll be on my way.

Bobby: Fuck you! You really are a jerk. Will you be at the bowling alley tomorrow?

Me: You know it.

Bobby: See ya then.

I hung up the phone.

At that point, my new girlfriend finished what she was doing and looked up at me.

Her: Who was that?

Me: Just your ex.

No comments: