Saturday, May 8, 2010

Babysitting the Niece

Earlier this week, a poor young girl of 4 was kidnapped out of her home, tortured, and raped. The poor thing survived, but they still haven't found the guy who did it. A man had spotted her sitting at the corner of Linden Ave underneath a street lamp at 4:00 in the morning.



Hearing about this made me glad I don't have kids. I don't know how I would react if something like that happened to my own child.



I do have my share of experiences with kids. My younger sister had a kid when she was 16. She had a daughter named Kristen. Kristen is now 7 years old and a bit of a handful.



The father ran out as soon as he heard my sis was pregnant, the bastard was 23 years old, so I have helped my sister out a lot when it comes to raising Kristen.



It's my weekend off from work, and my sister had been wanting to spend a weekend away with her new boyfriend. I agreed to watch Kristen.



Now, I had decided I was going to devote this weekend to watching some episodes of Lost, getting ready for the series finale on the 23rd. I told Kristen this was very importnant to me, so I let her play my computer.



I had put the parental locks in place and showed her how to watch her cartoons on the tv. I also showed her some games she could play. There was no reason for her to get bored.



A couple hours in, she comes out to my tv room and says, "Uncle Richie, I'm bored".



I said, "Kristy, there is plenty for you to do on the computer."



She said, " I don't like watching cartoons on the small screen, I want to watch them on the big TV."



I said, "Vut your Uncle Richie is watching Lost on the big TV."



That's when Kristen said something I could only imagine she learned from her whore of a mother.



She said, "Lost is stupid."



I stopped my show, got up and made her get her shoes on.



She asked why.



I said, "We are going for a ride."



We get in my Jeep and I drive to Linden Ave.



I asked her, "Do you know about that little girl that got hurt this week?"



She said, "Yes, my mommy was talking about her. She said a bad man hurt her. She said I had to be careful."



I asked, "Do you know what the bad man did to her?"



She sad, "He hurt her girl parts."



I asked, "Do you know where we are?"



She said no.



I said, "This is where the bad man hurt her."



I said, "That's right. So, Kristy, if you ever interrupt my show again and call it stupid again. I will drive you out here in the middle of the night, and leave the bad man to find you."



She'll never call Lost stupid again.

No comments: